Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Dance To The Lester Lanin Beat

 

Two Guitars - Dark Eyes

Dance To The Lester Lanin Beat
The Lester Lanin Trio
Volume 10
Epic LN 3656
1960

From the back cover: The Lanin beat comes in many sizes, a full orchestra for a coming-out party, a cocktail trio for less formal entertaining, a Latin-American group for lively affairs; just about any combination for any party imaginable. This flexibility in size, together with the instinctive Lanin way for sensing the mood and color of a party, has made the beat a fixture wherever tasteful, tuneful dance music is the order of the evening.

Not the least of the Lanin engagements, in addition to his constant round of private parties, are the numerous benefits for which his orchestra is hired. Throughout the entire social season, in New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, Boston and many other cities, Lester Lanin is called upon to play at charity balls, fund-raising parties and other occasions. He is called upon by the various great medical foundations, civic groups, church organizations and many others to supply the music for their charitable parties, and the disparate dancing couples of all ages and tastes find the Lanin beat a further bright spot in the evening.


I Got Rhythm - Of Thee I Sing - Poor Butterfly - Oh, You Beautiful Doll - Begin The Beguine

It Had To Be You - Love Is The Sweetest Thing - I Guess I'll Have To Change My Plan

Gold and Silver Waltz - Skaters' Waltz - Over The Waves

Down In Jungle Town - Goodbye, My Lady Love - Coney Island Baby - Hello Ma Baby - I Want To Be Happy - You've Got That Thing - Deep In My Heart, Dear - Get Happy

Dance Of The Hours - Theme From Beethoven's Fifth Symphony

Let's Do It - Do It Again - You're The Top - Who Cares - I Found A Million Dollar Baby - But Not For Me - Something To Remember You By

Meet Me In St. Louis, Louis

Ain't She Sweet - Thinking Of You - What Is This Thing Galled Love? - Love Is Sweeping The Country - The Kerry Dance - You're An Old Smoothie - The Man I Love

Lover, Come Back To Me! - The Very Thought Of You - Pretty Baby

Liza - Lullaby Of Broadway - Jeepers Creepers - I Like The Likes Of You - If You Were The Only Girl - Tip-Toe Thru The Tulips With Me

Two Guitars - Dark Eyes

Don't Fence Me In - I'll See You Again - I May Be Wrong - If I Love Again - I'm Just Wild About Harry - Hallelujah!

When Your Love Has Gone - Bidin' My Time - You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby - Three Little Words - Beautiful Dreamer - High Society

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!