Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, March 30, 2020

The Pair Extraordinaire - Recorded Live

And I Love Her
The Pair Extraordinaire
Recorded Live
Producer: Jerry Capehart
Engineer: Wally Heider
Art Direction: Woody Woodward
Photography: Ivan Nagy
Liberty LST-7440

From the back cover: One evening I decided to visit a club with some friends had recommended, called "The Mecca." They all were enthusiastic about The Pair, who were currently the main attraction. As an active skipper, I don't spend a lot of time in nightclubs, but after hearing such high praises about The Pair, I decided it just might be a good idea.

Needless to say, The Pair was great. Their fresh approach to songs, both old and new, plus their wild humor took me and everyone else in the audience by storm.

The material in this album, recorded live that night at The Mecca, plus the excitement of the audience is self-explanatory. As you listen to the album, I'm sure you'll feel this same excitement which is that special element that only a live performance can give.

I came for one show and stayed for the evening. It was my pleasure and I am sure this album will be yours. "I hope you like us," said The Pair Extraordinaire, I am sure you will agree with me that this talented duo is an example of the finest in entertainment. – Captain Jim Clove – Black Dolphin, Los Angeles, California


I'm An Old Cowhand
Man In The Street
Hang On Sloppy (My Girl Sloopy)
And I Love Her
After The Lights Do Down Low
You Can Run, But You Can't Hide
Please Don't Call Me
Get Up Off It
All The Good Times Are Gone
Donna Lee
You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!