Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Dancing Cheek To Cheek - Ron Bannister & Luis Perez

Ay Cosita Linda
Dancing Cheek To Cheek
Featuring The Society Orchestra of Ron Bannister
And The Latin American Rhythms of Luis Perez
Harmony/Columbia HL 7216
1959

From Billboard - November 16, 1959: Here's a package with strong appeal for those who enjoy nitery-styled society music. Bannister provides bouncy, lighthearted instrumental treatments of 13 memorable standards – "I Wish I Were In Love Again," "Varsity Drag," "Lady Is A Tramp." Perez takes over intermission with equally terpable renditions of catchy Latin ditties.

Ron Bannister

Just In Time
I Wish I Were In Love Again
The Varsity Drag
Puttin' On The Ritz
I Won't Dance
Steppin' Out With My Baby
Cheek To Cheek
A Room With A View
The Lady Is A Tramp
Pick Yourself Up
I've Got My Love To Keep My Warm
Ev'rything I've Got
Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home

Luis Perez

Pulque
El Satellite
Por Tu Senorio
Ay Cosita Linda
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!