Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Peter Duchin At The St. Regis

Something Gotta Give
Peter Duchin
His Piano and Orchestra
At The St. Regis
Decca Records
DL 74373
1963

From the back cover: "It was the biggest Maisonette opening I've attended in years," said Gene Knight, New York Journal-American critic, of Peter Duchin's fabulous first night at the plush room in New York's swank St. Regis Hotel. "He is something special as a pianist," the noted critic went on to say, and "who could help but dance to this new band with the exuberance of youth?"

I Left My Heart In San Francisco
This Could Be The Start Of Something
A Fine Romance
I Concentrate On You
Whispering
Something Gotta Give
It Had To Be You
The Second Time Around
Mine
The Way You Look Tonight
What Kind Of Fool Am I? (From the Musical Production "Stop The World - I Want To Get Off")
From This Moment On

1 comment:

  1. I grew up listening to this record and then went on to visit New York and here him for myself. A magical time and greatly missed

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!