Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, September 9, 2016

My Reverie - The Three Suns

My Reverie
The Three Suns
RCA Victor LPM-1173
1956

Digital files are available from online vendors so I will not be posting a sample. However, I'm sharing this original cover design of this reissued set as the online art associated with this release for the digital download has been borrow from the 1947 Twilight Time album.

Cover photo by Mitchell Bliss.

The harpist, Marga Hanson, played a big part on this set and is not credited on this reissue of the 1952 10 inch release titled Twilight Moods (RCA LPM-3012). A reason can be found in a 1954 obituary found online. Marga Hanson McKenna died at the age of 24 after an "illness of two months".

The Three Suns invented a rich early 50s small combo sound which was made great on this set by Hanson's session work.

My Reverie
Moon Glow
Intermezzo
Smoke Rings
The Legend Of The Glass Mountain
Tenderly
My Silent Love
Moonlight Sonata
April In Paris
Laura
Jet
Petite Waltz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!