Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Gee, Our 1st Album - The Rock-afire Explosion

Gee, Our 1st Album
The Rock-afire Explosion
Creative Records
1982

I had no idea what the deal was with this album when I found it in the discount bin today. I was living under a rock when the robots pictured on the jacket were singing songs at a pizza place.

If your are interested in the particulars of Rock-afire you can start with the rockafiremovie facebook page.

I love to post a sample, but these guys are not that obscure... so I'll refrain unless one of the actors in the play demands that I do so. Then... which track to pick? That's a tough choice, because so many of the tunes are, like, totally awesome.

If you read my blog you know that I'm a big song-poem fan. The best way that I can describe what is going round and round on this record is that the vibe is a blend of song-poem and private press lounge. None of the tracks come off as kids record boring or even so much as a parody of the covers.

Fun stuff.

Paul McCartney's tune, My Love would be at the top of my list.

Little Sister
The Music Goes Round And Round
Light My Fire
My Love
Satisfaction Medley
Baseball
Goin' Crazy You May Be Right
Sal's Birthday
Unchained Melody
Too Shy
Beatles Medley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!