Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2012

I'm In The Mood To Swing - Ray Ellis

The Continental
I'm In The Mood To Swing
Ray Ellis And His Orchestra
MGM E3820
1960

From Billboard, May 16, 1960: Ray Ellis, an arranger of talent here fronts a band playing bright and sparkling versions of standards such as Cheek to Cheek, (etc.). Elis gets a pleasing sound from orchestra and chorus. Jockeys will find some attractive programming here.

Side one

Lullaby Of Broadway
Comes Love
I'm Sitting On Top Of The World
Cheek To Cheek
All Of You
Heat Wave

Side two

The Gypsy In My Soul
Button Up Your Overcoat
Everything I've Got
The Continental
My Baby Just Cares For Me
Always True To You In My Fashion

1 comment:

  1. Could I please get a link to this album I can not find this anywhere iTunes has it for sale in there UK store for people who live in the UK. I don't understand how all these ole American Music Artists are being sold in other counties but not in the United States.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!