Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Jackie Gleason Presents - Lazy Lively Love

Jackie Gleason Presents
Lazy Lively Love
Capitol Records SW 1439
1961

After I collect all of Gleason's albums I will count up the number of covers that feature drinking and smoking.

Normally Gleason's stuff is great but this release seems unfocused and thematically weak compared to the other Gleason sets I've got in the collection. The LP is more "light pop" than romantic mood and features "brass" which in this case, I find hard to warm up to.

3 comments:

  1. I have never seen this one! Yes, I am with you. I am not a huge fan of brass, at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just scored this one from Craig yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Gleason albums. My Dad listened to them constantly so I've begun collecting them, mostly from garage sales.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!