Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Roman Guitar - Tony Mottola

Arrivederci Roma
Roman Guitar
Tony Mottola
Command Records RS 816 SD
1960

This is the first of two Mottola "Roman Guitar" albums. Click here to view my post of Volume Two.

I think this release is more "light-pop" which Enoch Light (Command Records) was getting more heavily into in 1960. The follow-up may be a bit more "romantic" in sound.

Both covers feature very nice Charles E. Murphy designs (the art for this cover is credited to Paul Bacon).

2 comments:

  1. Great one with nice ping pong sound through the Bose speakers on my computer! I have this LP as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony Tony Tony! He also recorded one of my favorite uber-lush versions of Besame Mucho.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!