Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Guitars... By George! - George Barnes

It Must Be True
Guitars... By George!
George Barnes
Decca Records DL 8658
1957

Here is another fine album by George Barnes. I've collected one other Barnes LP that you can find posted here (Guitar Galaxies).

The LP seems one or two songs short of material on each side (to fill out the vinyl). I don't know why this is.

The Whistle Blues is a great track as is Plink, Plank, Plunk and others. But, for a sample,  I warmed up to the dreamy tune titled It Must Be True.

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for this record for years--the version of "Clarinet Polka" on it was apparently the theme music for "The Max Ferguson Show" on CBC radio for about 25 years, but I never got to hear more than about the first 8 bars. How about posting that one as a sample?

    Tim Keenan
    Terrace, B.C.
    Canada

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!