Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Percussion Espanol - Pirouette

Cordoba
Percussion Espanol
The Big Sound
Pirouette Records RFM 54

I can't find a release date for this album, but my guess would be 1960. A while back I blogged an album on the TIME label featuring the same title and stylistically similar cover art. I have to assume that one label was following the others lead. In this case, many of the songs lead in with ping-pong percussion, an effect Enoch Light developed in the early 60s.

No artists are credited. There really isn't much percussion other than the ping-pong effect. And the percussion effects are only found on side one. Apparently that's was all the budget called for. Side two features no percussion at all.

5 comments:

  1. Nice percussion fun! I like the tune you sampled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is one of three long lost LPs I've been searching for the past 30 years! Is there any chance of getting the whole album from you? I would be eternally grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the request ootee. I looked for the file and couldn't find it. Judging from my review, I suspect that I didn't save the entire record. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mark. Thank you so very much for checking for me. I really appreciate it! Thanks for all your hard work on the blog and sharing so much terrific music. Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a copy on Sutton records, SU231. Please email me if interested: barbarajean718@yahoo.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!