Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

Music From Close Encounters Of The Third Kind

Theme From "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind"
Music From Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
Produced by Joe Saraceno & Heyward Collins
Arranged by Pat DeVuono
Background Vocals: Bonnie Licelli
Engineer: Michael Lietz
Special Thanks To Kim Espy
Illustration: Clinton Stockwell
Pickwick SPC 3616
1978

The budget "Not An Original Soundtrack" Close Encounters soundtrack.

Sometime moog, sometimes disco and sometimes sci-fi mystery cheese, this set blends all three into a danceable cosmic stew.

7 comments:

  1. LOL. I don't remember the disco version of this tune. How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had this album back in the day and played it to death. Thought I would look it up on the nets to see if anyone else remembered it. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally bought this album at a Woolworth's back in the day and played it to death also. Sweet to see others appreciate it too!

      Delete
  3. Hi, there is another disco version onf the song. I dont't remember the name or who did it and I'm looking for it for years. I am a Brazilian guy and if you have any info I'd appreciate. Tks....oh...nice song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I too purchased this album at a Woolworth's for 99 cents and played it over and over. I may still have it in my box of albums! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. bpuht this today. VCorny as shit, fun as hell. The guys that recorded this had such a nerve... they got my suport. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!