Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Suddenly It's The Hi Lo's

Suddenly It's The Hi Lo's
Orchestra Under The Direction Of Frank Comstock
Columbia CL 952
1957

The reason I picked this album up was that I believe that I saw a Hi Lo's cover featured in a book titled "Strange Music". So I expected something strange... or at least bland. But I found neither to be true. I'm not much for group vocal stuff, but this stuff seems forward looking and may possibly have influenced The Manhattan Transfer.

Anyway, this Hi Lo's album was an engaging listen for me and I'll pick up more of their records as I run across them. For more information, check out The Hi Lo's site. There is also a link to some downloadable sound files.

1 comment:

  1. I particularly like the "SUDDENLY..." title! Like Suddenly, like magic, they appeared on the scene!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!