Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Soft Touch - Ellis Larkins

Golden Earrings
The Soft Touch
Ellis Larkins
Mood Jazz In Hi-Fi
Decca DL 9205

Awwww... who can resist kittens? I couldn't and bought the album based on the image. The "soft touch" theme is expressed on vinyl by pianist Ellis Larkin. Here's a link to his wiki page. The tracks are minimalist lounge led by Larkin's deft touch on the keyboard. Sweet stuff... just like kittens!

I Don't Stand A Chance
When I Fall In Love
Where Can I Go
Golden Earrings
A Love Like This
Sweet Sue, Just You
Blue Star
Love Me
My Foolish Heart
Love Letters
Stella By Starlight
Can't We Talk It Over

2 comments:

  1. Ellis Larkins is so much more than just another lounge pianist !
    He is one of the great masters of this instrument
    His recordings are very rare so any additional tracks would be welcome

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!