Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Electronic Sonata For Souls Loved By Nature - George Russell

Electronic Sonata For Souls Loved By Nature
George Russell
Flying Dutchman - FD 10124
Distributed by Atco Records
1971

This album can be had by the purchase digital download. So I will not be posting a sample. The good news is that the entire album can be had, as of this posting, for $1.78. Heck, I might even buy an online copy myself because this copy I bought off ebay listed as VG+... is no where near that condition. I also would say the cover is not VG+...

Any whoooo... the one Amazon review is a good one. But the reviewer claims that "...it's a very challenging listen likely to completely wear you out." I dunno... in a good way? This is avant-grade but there is still plenty of rhythm in the "Lydian Chromatic Concept of Tonal Organization" (that term came from the liner notes) to carry you through the piece without a lot of work on your part.

I love the record because it is dense in sound, rich with mood and sort of spaced out at times (the science fiction touches always get me).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!