Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

David Rose And His Orchestra

David Rose And His Orchestra
HI FIddles
MGM Records E3481
1957

David Rose was married to Judy Garland for about four years (divorced in 1944).

I don't see this album listed on the several online discographies of Rose's work. There are mentions of the LP here and there and you can find the album in a 1957 MGM Billboard display ad.

This is a nice space age, bachelor pad set that features light, hip and fun music. There may be better songs on the record... but no better title can be had. Satan And The Polar Bear appears as track 3 on the B side!

It's to bad for me that you can buy this song as a download on Amazon. I'd love to share it.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool record. I thought I had commented on this one before....I didn't know he was married to Judy!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!