Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Christmas With Chippy The Chipmunk

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Chirstmas With Chippy The Chipmunk
Silver Seal UT-1006
Premier Albums

This is a great album cover. Chippy is a two color (red & white) print on embossed die cut foil and then applied to the cover, like a sticker.

I can find almost no mention of this album online. At first, I thought that this may be a rip off of the "real" Chipmunks. It is and maybe worse is than that the Chipmunk Song found on this record is an direct copy of the Ross Bagdasarian song released in 1958. I'm not a Chipmunk scholar... but I don't think the other tracks are direct copies. They seem to be far more budget basement chipmunks. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town is not a copy.

1 comment:

  1. That's fabulous. I LOVE it. Funny, I found a strange Christmas LP awhile back with a foil cut out Santa on the front that appeared like a sticker, too, just like this one!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!