Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Too Much! - Lou Rawls

You're Takin' My Bag
Lou Rawls
Too Much!
Arrangements: H. B. Barnum
Produced by David Axelrod
Recording Engineer: Joe Polito
Capitol Records T 2713
1967

The Backing Includes:

Gerald Wiggins - Piano
Earl Palmer - Drums
James Bond - Bass
Barney Kessel - Guitar
Jim Horn, Teddy Edwards - Saxes
Tony Terran, Fred Hill - Trumpets

From Billboard - May 6, 1976: This album is misnamed. The listener does not get "Too Much" of Lou Rawls. Rawls sings with soul. He gives real meaning to the lyrics. His current hit, "Dead End Street," is included and plugged with a stick-on sign on the album jacket.

Yes, It Hurts (Doesn't It?)
It's An Uphill Climb To The Bottom
I Just Want To Make Love To You
You're Takin' My Bag
Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
Dead End Street (Monologue)
Dead End Street
Twelfth Of Never
Righteous Woman (Monologue)
I Wanna Little Girl
Why? (Do I Love You So)
I'll Take Time
You're Always On My Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!