Search Manic Mark's Blog

Loading...

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sensational Guitars Of Dan And Dale

Valley Of The Dolls
Sensational Guitars Of Dan And Dale
Diplomat DS 2441

Here's another Dan & Dale LP I stumbled across this week. As usual this one was a project that set out to appeal to mainstream audience, but really goes a step beyond what you might expect featuring unique and dreamy blend instrumental covers.

Sun Ra is noted to have been a member of the session group, however I can not confirm any group members for Dan & Dale LP other than the group's albums titled Batman and Robin (which is available online for purchase download and is credited to Sun Ra by other online sources). This LP does feature some spacey organ playing.

Other than the Batman album, other Dan & Dale entries are way more obscure. This one is unusual, as period budget easy listening goes, and is interesting all the way through.

Other Dan & Dale albums I've blogged include: Theme From Hawaii, Somewhere My Love and The Nearness Of You.

2 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog and also fairly new to vinyl hunting. It seems I'm out looking for the same types of albums you post, which is what led me to UITAA. I wanted to let you know how much I really enjoy your blog, so my sincere thanks for sharing. BTW, I recently picked up my first Dan & Dale lp, a selection of their "Mancini favorites."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I did not know that D&D made a Mancini covers album. I'll be looking for a copy! I bet there are interesting tracks on that LP. Mark

      Delete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!