Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

The Blues And The Beat - Henry Mancini

The Blues And The Beat
Henry Mancini
RCA Victor LSP-2147
1960

This one is available on CD so I will not be posting a sample. The CD seems to be somewhat pricey. However, vinyl copies are reasonably priced.

I love Mancini's earlier stuff. Of course, these records have all been well reviewed. But that doesn't stop me from adding my two cents when I personally stumble across a fantastic album. As you can tell from this blog that I've listened to a pile of recordings. Many are cool, some are flamboyant and most are interesting in some respect, but few seem achieve the Mancini "touch".

This recording is particularly dynamic, cool, smooth and lush. The craftsman ship is superb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!