Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

House Of Terror

Ghost Story
House Of Terror!
Parade Records PA 103
1975

I've listened to a number of "Halloween" records since I've been collecting. I have to say, this is one of the best I've stumbled across. This is a 2 record set. There is also a nice comic book included (stapled to the spine). There are a few online references that suggest Neal Adams was the illustrator. Audio stories accompany the comic book.

Parade went the distance to create a great package by hiring good professional voiceover actors, writers and sound engineer(s) to create a fun recording. There are also a few musical numbers on one side. One of which starts out as a story and then morphs into a song (the sample above).

4 comments:

  1. I have been looking all over the internet for months trying to find this on a MP3. I use this album when I was a little girl, but can't find it anywhere. I remember one of them with this one saying in ghostly voice, "I am hungry, Henry." Sent goosebumps down my spine when I was a little girl. Is there any chance I could talk you into please doing a MP3 of the first album to download off of here, or have you email it to me? I would love that greatly and you would make one woman here very happy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by. You asked so nicely that I went looking for the file... my file keeping isn't that bad... but I can not for the life of me locate the audio file and the LP is so buried here that it will likely be unearthly only after I depart this life. I can't imagine why I didn't save the LP when I digitized it. Oh well... I'm really sorry. Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for looking. It would seem as if my search isn't over yet, but finding that little bit you have of it, it is better then before when I had nothing. I do have another question for you. In my search, I found another blog that talked about the first album of this, and the person said it was released under a different name, much like the second album in the set was released also as A Story of Dracula, The Wolfman, and Frankenstein. However, they couldn't remember what the name was of the first album being released under. Do you by any chance know, or remember what the name of first album was also released under? That could help with my search, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wouldn't be out of the question. This is the first time that I've heard this album so I don't have any earlier pressings if one exists. When researching online I didn't make note of any earlier release. I would probably try to mention that. Might try doing searches based on track titles... that might work.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!