Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Million Seller Hits - Les Baxter

Million Seller Hits
101 Strings
Arranged and Conducted by Les Baxter
Allshire S-5188
Recorded in London, January 1970

Not all 101 Strings albums are made alike. I've got a handful that are great fun. Baxter recorded another 101 Strings album that I have in my collection titled Que Mango!. I perfer Que Mango!, but this is a fine effort with a cool 60s/70s light pop sound that only Baxter can deliver.

Many 101 Strings albums are available for download. Some, but not all of the tracks off this album can be had by the download although I must say, they did cherry pick the best tunes. But you can't find the MP3s by album title and the art attached to the MP3 isn't the original.

1 comment:

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!