Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tropical Fantasy - Michel Magne And His Orchestra

Tabu
Tropical Fantasy
Adventures In Exotica Sounds And Percussion
Michel Magne And His Orchestra
Columbia CS 8493
1962

Holy crap... just when I thought that I had collected some of the best exotica albums, including Frank Hunter's White Goddess, I find this record. Of course, collecting music is all personal taste, but if I had started collecting exotica with this LP all other additions to the library might seem lacking by comparison.

Some might say that this recording is too heavy on effects. I love it and the songs never seems silly or cheesy. It is almost impossible to pick a sample track to share as every track is so different and wonderful.

Recorded (with two track equipment if you can believe it) in France and released in the U.S. by Columbia.

Bahia
Sahara
Brazil
Perfidia
The Peanut Vendor
Come Closer To Me
Two Silhouettes
Congo
Besame Mucho
Tropical
Tabu
El Cumbanchero
You Belong To My Heart
Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps

1 comment:

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!