Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Excitement Of International Percussion

Brazil
Excitement Of International Percussion
Featuring Berlingeri And His Percussive Harpsichord With His Orchestra
Grand Prix Series K170

Exotic International Percussion
International Award Series AK170

Apparently this recording was also released on Pickwick KS-170. Grand Prix was a Pickwick reissue label. This is an early 1960s reissue. Spaceagepop lists this album as having a cover of Hawaiian War Chant on it, but that song isn't on my copy.

This recording is actually a pretty decent space age/ping-pong/light pop album.

2 comments:

  1. There are countless Percussion records out there, geez! I think I find one at every outing! This is unusual! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These have become harder to come by as the vinyl resurgence grew. Glad I grabbed a few back when nobody cared.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!