Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

The Going Thing 1970

Hey Jude
The Going Thing 1970
Ford Promotional LP

See my post for the introduction of The Going Thing as featured in a 1969 recording that was apparently only distributed internally.

This album is the follow-up LP and may have been distributed to the public (a hand out at dealerships, or at car shows or sold somehow?). The back cover is completely blank with the exception of The Ford Logo.

In my earlier post I suggested that Ford was out of touch with the youth market of the day. And this project proves it. It's a disaster! This record is full of amazingly bad covers of songs that young people might... well... have actually enjoyed. Then again... some of the song choices are pretty awful.

2 comments:

  1. HA! SO bad! AND the overtly happy dorks on the cover in bad clothing. WOW! I actually muted my Henry Rollins Band CD to LISTEN to this clip!!My head may explode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Going Thing presented by Ford? I would almost rather listen to rap then this. Ju,ju,,ju,jude!!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!