Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, August 31, 2024

The Velvet Touch Of Dennis Awe At The Lowrey Organ

 

Temptation

The Velvet Touch Of Dennis Awe
At The Lowrey Organ
Intercontinental Records IC-102

From the back cover: Intercontinental Records is proud to bring you another record featuring "The Velvet Touch of Dennis Awe."

Dennis has been Musical Director with the Paris Touring Company and King And I, Carousel, Call Me Madam, Paint Your Wagon and The Sound Of Music, are just a few of his Musical Credits. He has toured the United States giving concerts from New York to California. Besides traveling Coast to Coast performing, he has over twenty TV Commercial to his credit including one that was awarded "Best Musical Commercial Of The Year". Included in his classical background are 11 years as a Church Organist and Choirmaster.

Watching Dennis perform, you can't help but to notice his great love of "Music and People". His personality generates exuberance and the audience is totally captivated each time he performs.

While interviewing Dennis, I asked what gave him his love for music and his desire to perform, he replied, "When I was 15 years old, I heard an organist performing at a New York State Fair, and from that moment on I decided to become a Professional Organist. I was quite fortunate that my parents bought an organ in order for me to have a musical education. I studied with a very talented Organist from Radio City Music Hall, Mildred Alexander, who is the same organist that I heard at the State Fair. Through her teaching she made my dream of becoming a professional entertainer and organist come true. – L. W. Sebastian

Love Is Blue
Alley Cat
Embraceable You
Sugar Blues
Temptation
Somewhere My Love
Ja-Va
Twilight Time
Robert E. Lee
The Original Boogie Woogie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!