Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Sad Movies - The Lennon Sisters

We Live In Two Different Worlds
Sad Movies
Make Me Cry
The Lennon Sisters
Arranged and Conducted by Billy Vaughn
Dot Records DLP 3398

From the back cover: Nothing could give me greater satisfaction and pleasure than to record these great compositions of Fred Rose, who in my estimation is one of them all time greats of the music industry, not only as a composer but as a man.

In 1949, when one of the first Dot records was produced in Gallatin, Tennessee, Freddie Rose graciously and skillfully gave me technical guidance. From that day until his death in 1954, he gave me continued counsel and assistance which I feel helped direct the future course of Dot Records. We were as close as friends can be, and I sincerely believe that his life was an example of kindness, principle and integrity which has helped many, many people in our industry and others.

The songs in this album are considered the best-known and most popular from the pen of Fred Rose, but he has many other wonderful songs to his credit. A partial list appears below. It is our privilege at Dot Records to offer these great songs, all but the title song written by my late friend, and sung so sincerely by The Lennon Sisters – Randolph C. Wood - President Dot Records, Inc.


Songs list as mentioned in the notes: Honest And Truly - Be Honest With Me - 'Deed I Do - Red Hot Mama - Tweedle O Twill - You Know How Talk Gets Around - I Can't Go On This Way - Mansion On The Hill - I'll Never See Sunshine Again - Bringin' In The Georgia Mail - Crazy Heart - Settin' The Woods On Fire - Take These Chains From My Heart - Texarkana Baby

Sad Movies (Make Me Cry)
We Live In Two Different Worlds
Waltz Of The Wind
Roly Poly
No One Will Ever Know
It's A Sin
Kaw-Liga
Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
Afraid
Foggy River
I'll Never Stand In Your Way
Pins And Needles (In My Heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!