Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, January 18, 2016

Mood And Melody - Wilson & Green

Pavanne
Mood And Melody
Ken Wilson - Organ
Bill Green - Piano
Columbia CL 6132 (10 inch)
1950

From Billboard - September 23, 1950: Eight records in succession in this genteel organ-piano salon format will be wearying to most listeners. There is apparently some localized demand for the team's output resulting from their broadcasts over a Boston station, but except for their devoted fans, purchasers may find the disking plain dull.

When I Grow Too Old To Dream
I'll Get By
The Blue Serenade
Orchids In The Moonlight
My Beautiful Lady
Siboney
If You Were The Only Girl
Pavanne

1 comment:

  1. I would like to go back in time and write a letter to the editor over at Billboard. I find it fascinating. Love the cover too.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!