Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, March 14, 2014

The First Hits Of 1965 - Frank Chacksfield

I Feel Fine
The First Hits Of 1965
Frank Chacksfield And His Orchestra
London LL 3416

I'm not a big fan of Chacksfield and the cheap cover treatment didn't help help make the sale. None-the-less I bought the LP to hear Chacksfield's Goldfinger cover. Surprisingly, this could be the best Chacksfield album that I can remember listening to. It's a fine mid-60s light pop album and even though the audio technology is, for some reason, mono (London did release a stereo press PS 416)… the sonic quality on this mono release is excellent.

I Feel Fine
The Wedding
Downtown
I'll Be There
Mr. Lonely
Goldfinger
Willow Weep For Me
She's A Woman
Dear Heart
Hawaii Tattoo
Have You Looked Into Your Heart
Walk Away

1 comment:

  1. What can I say? The Album looks interesting. The sample is good also. Thank you. Maybe someday I can come across this and hear the rest.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!