Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

Maria Elena - The 50 Guitars Of Tommy Garrett

Maria Elena
The 50 Guitars Of Tommy Garrett
Liberty LMM-13030
1963

Available on CD/download purchase. So I will not not be posting a sample.

Terrific album featuring covers of some of my favorite exotica tune including Jungle Drums, Taboo, Brazil and The Breeze And I. The sound is rich and full.

The "Premier" Liberty line of records was their "upscale" product. Conceived and designed for the more "high-brow" buyer. This package featured a fabulous gatefold, die-cut (shapes over the eyes) artwork. And apparently "thicker" vinyl.

I found in interesting that on my copy the cover was damaged at the top, revealing the word STEREO and the stereo catalog number. Apparently Liberty found a way to run the entire print job for both version and simply assembled them onto the cardboard frame differently.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful design I know, I found this one also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 50 Guitar LP's. All their covers are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!