Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Romantic Guitar Of Vicente Gomez

Andalucia
The Romantic Guitar Of Vicente Gomez
Orchestra Conducted By Charles Bud Dant
Decca Records DL 8439
1957

The December 5, 1964 issue Billboard gave this release a "Pop Special Merit". The catalog numbers are not the same (this album cover looks more like a mid-to-late 50s release to me). The 1964 reissue featured a different cover.

La Macarena
Habanera
La Cumparsita
Estrellita
Marieta
Andalucia
Malaguena
Frenesi
Green Moon = Verde Luna
La Golondrina
Baia
Por Que? = Why?

3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! I have some of his stuff. Andalucia (sometimes Andalusia) often covered by Exotica orchestras. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! We had this vinyl recording. Unfortunately it got broken in one of our many house moves. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful artist.
    Cheers,
    Babs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am writing to ask you about one case. I love a movie 'Blood and sand' but I have a little problem and I am so glad that I found your account. I am 70 years old and I really like songs from this film. I mean soundtrack. But the most I like one song: serenade under the window. It is sang by 3 men.
    And I have no idea who they are. What are they names and surnames. I think, I am sure that you can know this guys. It is very important to me. My life wouldn't be so long, but I must know it. So pleeease, can you help me to recognise them? And one more case. They are singing beautiful, but I don't know it is their real voices. Maybe it is only fake, and they are only actors. Maybe somebody else is singing.
    Thank you very much. You are my last hope!
    Looking forward to your answer.
    Helena Ɓukasiewicz.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!