Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

Send Me Softly

Lullaby Of Leaves
Send Me Softy - Milt Buckner
Capitol Records T938
1957

This album was a bit of a surprise. First and needless to point out, any album featuring an image of a smoking hot model, or should I say, hot model... smoking is collectible.

This is my first Buckner album. Close your eyes and the music seems to be coming from the depths of a smoky basement lounge.

Excellent and inventive percussive organ played by Buckner.

2 comments:

  1. Hot model...smoking. That made me burst out laughing. This is SOOOOOOO amazing. It is very moody in the Gleason style and I adore it! I want to find some of his stuff for certain! THANKS, Mark!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. The cover reminded me of Gleason and, in a way so did the "mood".

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!