Search Manic Mark's Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Echoes Of Budapest - George Feyer

George Feyer
Echoes Of Budapest
Vox VX 25.450
1955

From Billboard - August 13, 1955: Most dealers need not be reminded of the potent sales history of Feyer's "Echoes" series. Tho none has sold as well, probably, as the fabulous Paris package, the first in the set, each succeeding entry has done exceedingly well over the counter. Here is another, and the pianist's imaginative touch is applied generously to mostly familiar material in the Hungarian tradition. Should be a moneymaker.

Cask Egy Kislány (Just One Girl)
Minek A Szöke (I Don't Care For Blondes)
Vörösbort Ittam Az Este (I Drank Red Wine Last Night)
Quick Czardas
Am The Village Rascal
Hungarian Dance No. 5
Sari Valse
Lavotta's Love
Rakoczy March
Play Gypsy, Play
Take Me In Your Arms
Roumanian Gypsy - Fantasie
Yip-I-Addy-I-Aye
I Am Courting A Beautiful Lady
Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2

1 comment:

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!