Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

George Shearing - Concerto For My Love

Portrait Of Jennie

Concerto For My Love
George Shearing
Arrangements by George Shearing
Produced by Dave Cavanaugh and Tom Morgan
Cover Photo: Capitol Studio - George Jerman
Capitol Records ST 1755
1962

From Billboard - September 15, 1962: Another in Capitol's periodic showcasing of pianist Shearing against a lush, romantic backing of string-filled orchestra and the kind of "Ah"-singing chorus you hear in the end title of super-budget movies. This time, the tunes all have the word "love" in the titles (exception: "A Portrait Of Jennie") and the mood is one of shimmering romance. A fine album for mood programing. Typical track in this vein is Shearing's tender treatment of a Charles Trenet oldie, "I Wish You Love."

Portrait Of Jennie
I'm In The Mood For Love
Answer Me, My Love
I Wish You Love
Love Letters 
I Fall In Love Too Easily
Love Is The Sweetest Thing
Portrait Of My Love
P.S. I Love You
Lady Love Be Mine
In Love In Vain
Love Child

1 comment:

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!