Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, March 7, 2022

My Baby Loves To Swing - Vic Damone

 

Is You Is, Or Is You Ain't (Ma' Baby)

My Baby Loves To Swing
Vic Damone
Cover Photo: Capitol Photo Studio - George Jerman
Capitol Records T 1811
1963

From Billboard - January 5, 1963: Here are a dozen "baby" songs – although they're not about little girls. Using a variety of stylings (smooth ballads, bossa nova, blues, etc.) Vic Damone serenades with "Baby Won't You Please Come Home," "You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby." "My Melancholy Baby," and other strong oldies. Smooth ork backing is provided by Jack Marshall, and the album is a good waxing for middle-road stations. Damone fans should go strongly for it.

I'm Nobody's Baby
Everybody Love My Baby (But My Baby Don't Love Nobody But Me)
You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby
Alright, Okay, You Win
My Melancholy Baby
Let's Sit This One Out
My Baby Loves To Swing
My Baby Just Cares For Me
Is You Is, Or Is You Ain't (Ma' Baby)
Baby, Baby All The Time
Baby Won't You Please Come Home
Make This A Slow Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!