Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Sitting Pretty - Marjorie Meinert

 

I'm Falling In Love With Someone

Sitting Pretty
Marjorie Meinert at The Lowrey Organ
Produced by Herman Diaz, Jr.
Recorded in RCA Victor's Studio A, New York City
Recording Engineer: Bob Simpson
RCA Victor LPM-2168
1960

From Billboard - July 11, 1960: Miss Meinert restyles 16 favorite tunes of the old theatrical organists, via a swingy modern tempo, accompanied by guitar, bass and drums. Playing with verve on an electronic organ – a Lowery "Lincolnwood" – she provides pleasantly melodic treatments of "Smiles," "Pretty Baby," "Avalon," and other nostalgic oldies.

Smiles
Pretty Baby
Memories
Kiss Me Again
Avalon
Poor Butterfly
Sometimes I'm Happy
I'm Falling In Love With Someone
I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
Tea For Two
Oh! You Beautiful Doll
It Had To Be You
Your Eyes Have Told Me So
I Wonder What's Become Of Sally
If I Could Be With You (One Hour Tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!