Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Bobby Hacket Plays Tony Bennett's Greatest Hits

 

The Shadow Of Your Smile

Bobby Hackett Plays Tony Bennett's Greatest Hits
Arranged by Frank Hunter
Produced by Bob Morgan
Epic LN 24220
1966

From Billboard - November 26, 1966: With outstanding arrangements and performances, Hackett offers a beautiful tribute to Tony Bennett and the Bennett hits. Undoubtedly the best Hackett album to date, it should prove a big sales item. Backed by lush strings, his treatments hav feeling and warmth, especially "I Left My Heart In San Francisco."

Put On A Happy Face (from the Musical Production "Bye Bye Birdie")
I Left My Heart In San Francisco
The Good Life
Rag To Riches
Just In Time (from the Musical Production "Bells Are Ringing")
Stranger In Paradise
I Wanna Be Around
The Shadow Of Your Smile (Love Theme from "The Sandpiper")
Because Of You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!