Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Sleepy Serenade - Eddy Howard

Street Of Dreams
Sleepy Serenade
Featuring Eddie Howard and His Orchestra
Mercury Records MG 20111
1956

From the back cover: It isn't unusual for a bandleader to do a little singing and composing on the side, but Eddy Howard excels in all three departments, and has the awards to prove it. Last year, for instance, he was elected to nation's "Number One Singing Bandleader" by the Ballroom Operator's Association in a Downbeat Magazine poll. At the same time he placed third in the poll's "Sweet Band" category.

From Billboard - April 14, 1956: Howard plays a relaxed, pleasantly "sleepy" brand of music on this LP, which shapes up as fine mood music for late night jocks. Selections - 12 warmly therapeutic ballads - include "Be Anything, Be Mine," "Now I Lay Me Down To Dream," (Howards' own composition) "What Will I Tell My Heart," and "You've Got Me Crying Again." Cover – a four color job – spotlights a shapely night dress, which should help sales display-wise.

Be Anything, Be Mine
Mademoiselle
Call Me Darling
I Don't Know Any Better
Tahiti, My Island
Kentucky Babe
Street Of Dreams
Auf Wiedersehen Sweetheart
You've Got Me Crying' Again
What Will I Tell My Heart
Till We Two Are One
Now I Lay Me Down To Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!