Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Easy Listening _ Johnny Smith Trio

I Didn't Know What Time It Was
Easy Listening
Johnny Smith Trio
Produced by Teddy Reig
Cover Photo: Ray Jacobs
Royal Roost Records LP 2233
1959

From Billboard - May 4, 1959: Johnny Smith continues his easy ways with this new release, performing a group of standards with the tender touch that has made many of his guitar albums steady sellers. On this set Smith performs both unaccompanied and with a small combo, handling standards like "When I Fall In Love," and for tunes such as "Black Is The Color Of My True Love's Hair" with warm and feeling. For the many Johnny Smith fans.

When I Fall In Love
It Might As Well Be Spring
I Didn't Know What Time It Was
Black Is The Color (Of My True Love's Hair)
Like Someone In Love
You Don't Know What Love Is
Isn't It Romantic
I Remember The Corn Fields
A Foggy Day
Scarlet Ribbon
People Will Say We're In Love
The Nearness Of You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!