Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2019

I Pretend - Des O'Connor

Never My Love
I Pretend
Des O'Connor
Accompaniment by Alan Ainsworth and His Orchestra
Recording Produced by Norman Newell
Recording Engineer: Peter Brown
Odeon (EMI) SCX 6295
Made and Printed in Great Britain
1968

From the back cover: Most comedians merely sing songs to finish their act but if Des wished, he could just sing and never crack another joke. For proof one only has to listen to this LP. His singing voice compares with the best and one only has to hear the great variety of songs presented here to know Des rates with the top singers of the day. My Cup Runneth Over, The Other Man's Grass, Didn't We are all first class examples of vocal sincerity. Also included is the magical I Pretend, a song that has lasted longer in the 1968 Hit Parade than any other and must always be classed as Des O'Connor's song. – Patrick Hess

My Cup Runneth Over
Dream A Little Dream Of Me
Heartaches
You No-One But You
Just In My Dreams
The Other Man's Grass Is Always Greener
I Pretend
This Guy's In Love With You
Sunshine Of Love
Thinking Of You
All I Need Is You
Happiness And Heartaches
Didn't We
Never My Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!