Search Manic Mark's Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Groovy Greats!

Dizzy Boy
Groovy Greats!
Nouveau (Design/Pickwick) SDLP 272

From the back cover: Today's scene is psychedelic, kinetic and wild, a free swinging world of mad, mad, mod and the big beat takes over au go-go from The Strip to Carnaby St. The big names of rock and soul that geared the world for their kind of action are here, blasting and grooving' for your own freak out! Pow! Zap!

What? If the record label did not feature the title and catalog number, I would swear the wrong LP came inside this jacket. While a nice compilation of early work from each artist, this set is not as "described".

Your First and Last Love - Johnny Rivers
If I Give You My Love - Ray Charles
You're With It - Lou Christie
Dizzy Boy - Bobby Goldsboro
I'll Be Around - Ronnie Dove
I've Had My Fun - Ray Charles
Tomorrow Will Come - Lou Christie
I'll Be a Monkey's Uncle - Joe Tex
Ooh, Baby - Chuck Jackson
I Still Remember - Bobby Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!