Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, January 5, 2014

El Meu Amic El Mar - Lluis Llach

Lluis Llach
El Meu Amic El Mar
Producccio: Joan Molas
Ariola - Barcelona
Stereo 25 630 - 1
1978

Found in the $1 bin at one of my record shop stops… this one is worth picking up. Since the audio can be found on YT and Amazon, I decided not to post an example here. If I did, I'd post side one which is basically one long track that plays through like a concept piece. Some folks aren't going to dig it… the vocal passages may jar the senses. Since I don't speak the language, the vocals are just another instrument to me. Personally, I like the unexpected contrasts and the drama in piece.

And, if you find the album, you'll find yourself an expensive piece of printing. The jacket is a gatefold job with a fixed glossy unusually cropped glossy color multi-page insert that features images and lyrics.

Bressol De Tots Els Blaus
Salpar
Cami Cap Un Nou Cant
Canco De Rem I De Vela
Venim Del Nord, Venim Del Sud…
Quan L'onada Em Dura A La Platja Dels Morts
La Poesia Dels Teus Ulls
Companys, No Es Aixo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!