Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Amor, Amor! - Norrie Paramor

The Breeze And I
Amor, Amor!
Great Latin Standards by Norrie Paramor's Orchestra
Capitol Records ST10238
1962

This is one of a series of easy listening recordings Paramor released that features vocal accents by Patricia Clark. For me, this is the most interesting example I've collected as Paramor covers many of my favorite exotica tunes. His easy style and Clark's vocal stylings seem perfect covering this material.

From the back cover: The unique Norrie Paramor sound is here – a large, supple string section, with the haunting soprano voice of Patricia Clark interweaving in a velvety texture of melody.

Also check out Norrie Paramor's Moods and this earlier 10 inch release, I Love.

Come Closer To Me
Amor Amor
Para-Cha-Cha
Baia
Green Eyes
Luna Rossa
Amapola
Always In My Heart
The Breeze And I
Cavaquinho
Sweet And Gentle
You Belong To My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!