Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Polynesian Percussion

Tahitian Festival
Polynesian Percussion
Directional Sound
Premier Albums DM 5012

Budget percussion dressed up in a nice gatefold album jacket styled after the minimalist trend set by Enoch Light's label, Command. The album is light on "space age" percussion, but still energetic and fresh sounding "island" music for the time.

The only time the artist is mention, Chango And The Polynesians, is on the jacket notes found inside.

1 comment:

  1. I love any kind of Island music. Since I lived in Hawaii as a kid it kind of all lumps together in my mind and it all has a friendly sound to me. Whereas African music sounds rough and course and savage to me. Two different animals totally. But I still like some African music.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!