Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Enoch Light And The Brass Menagerie

Enoch Light And The Brass Menagerie
Project 3 Total Sound
The Total Sound, Inc.
Allied Radio Shack - PR5036SD
1969

Here's an Enoch Light album that is available for purchase/download… So I will not be posting a sample.

Produced by Enoch Light. Associate Producer, Julie Klages. Arrangements by Dick Hyman. Engineering by Phil Ramone.

From the back cover: Arranged for 4 trumpets, 4 trombones, 4 French horns, 2 reeds, 2 guitars, 3 percussion, keyboard and tuba.

I'm not sure when Radio Shack got their hands into Project 3. I've not seen a "Realistic" logo on a Light album until now.

Even though the cover images suggestion otherwise, this is a straight forward, "tastefully" done 60s brass album.

The engineering is excellent. The sound is outstanding.

Blowin' In The Wind
I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
My Favorite Things
Wichita Lineman
I've Gotta Be Me
Touch Me
California Dreamin'
Both Sides Now
Happy Ever After
Put Your Head On My Shoulder
Soulful Strut

Above is another version of the cover, still a gate fold featuring the same back cover design, but with a "4 Channel Stereo" sticker fixed to the front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!