Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Feelings At The Movies - Enoch Light And The Light Brigade

You Light Up My Life
Feelings At The Movies
Enoch Light And The Light Brigade
Project 3 PR-5099 SD
1978

This is a curious and somewhat hard to find Enoch Light album. First, I'd thought I never stumble across a Light album featuring a number of DISCO tracks! And second, this album is curious because it doesn't jive with his wiki page info: Light continued recording after the sale of Command with a new label called Project 3, but did not concentrate so heavily on stereo effects. Light recorded several successful big band albums with his earlier established band in the Command days Enoch Light And The Light Brigade, using the original scores, keeping the arrangements as close to the original as possible. He retired from music entirely in 1974 and died four years later (July 31, 1978).

So this album was made after Light "retired entirely from music"?

Tony Mottola and Jeff Hest are credited as associate producers. Jeff Hest is credited for the arrangements.

If you follow my blog you know how much I love Light's work. I mean... I always say glowing things about his stuff. But I have to be honest... this album is really... oh man... not good. But the sample above is so bad, it's good.

4 comments:

  1. I've been looking everywhere for this album and it seems extremely hard to find. Love the artwork. Is there any possible chance you can post a full rip of this album? I'd love to hear all the tracks, since I've only heard bits and pieces of it elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I almost never post entire LPs due to server space and time issues on my end. I hope you luck into a copy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you post the back cover of this album?
    I received this record from a lot of 50 lps,this came
    without cover. Now I Have the front cover.
    Can you help me on this?
    Hugs from Brazil.
    Denys P.R. (denyspr)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your interest in this post. Sorry, I can't add the back cover at this time because I've packed the LP away so that I don't have easy access to it. – Mark

      Delete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!