Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

I Want To Be Happy Cha Cha's - Enoch Light And The Light Brigade

Sweet And Gentle
I Want To Be Happy Cha Cha's
Enoch Light And The Light Brigade
World's Most Exciting New Recordings In Authentic Cha Cha Rhythms
Grand Award G.A. 222 S.D
1958

I Want To Be Happy Cha Cha's
Grand Award G.A. 33-388
1961

Grand Award was Enoch Light's label before he started Command Records. All the features were in place on this set that make his Command records fun to listen to. The explanation of the music and audio process can be found on the back cover. Light was also crediting jacket artists at this time. This cover painting is attributed to Robert Stanley.

Note, that while I don't have easy access to the back cover of the 1958 release to compare to the 1961 reissue, I think Grand Award reprinted the original cover contents as Stanley is once again credited for the "cover painting".

I Want To Be Happy Cha Cha
Tremendo Cha Cha
Tea For Two Cha Cha
Yes Sir, That's My Baby Cha Cha
The Sheik Cha Cha
Chiquita Cha Cha
Sweet And Gentle
Cara Mia Cha Cha
How High The Moon Cha Cha
Patricia
Guaglione

2 comments:

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!