Search Manic Mark's Blog

Loading...

Friday, July 15, 2011

At The London Palladium - Ted Heath

Fourth Dimension
At The London Palladium
Volume 1
Ted Heath
London LL 802
1953

This album was a pleasant surprise. I've got one Heath album, his outstanding Phase 4 1962 LP titled Big Band Percussion. Love it! And then I've got a number of other earlier albums that are more reserved in nature including Things To Come, an album that sports an awesome "spaceman" theme cover... but is very light on the space age music.

So, I assumed this early album would be more of the same type of thing Heath was doing for the U.S. market later in the 50s.

But the music is cool and fun big band jazz with touches of exotic or space age/bachelor pad.

This album seems to have a been released on a combo CD about 10 years ago. I found a copy online, but it seems to be a rarity. The same combo release (with the same cover art) also appears to have been pressed on vinyl.

Anyway, I'll take a chance and post a sample because the title almost impossible to find unless you buy a copy of the vinyl. If this is a problem for anyone let me know and I'll remove the sample.

Let the sample Fourth Dimension play a while... the tune is complex with various interesting passages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!