Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Jazz In The Space Age - George Russell - Bill Evans

Jazz In The Space Age
George Russell And His Orchestra
Featuring Bill Evans At The Piano
Decca Records DL 9219
1960

This could be one recording that I would consider purchasing on CD. If only because vinyl copies are so expensive and with good reason. The original recording is fabulous, historically influential and therefore, collectible.

Hey, I'm no jazz buff. I admit that I bought this album for the "space age" look of the cover. There are more insightful reviews to be found online. I can say this album sounds timeless to me. And that you will be instantly hooked and stay in the groove from the beginning of your trip through space until the last moment of the fantastic journey Russell leads you on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!