Search Manic Mark's Blog

Loading...

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Three's A Crowd When It's Intimate Jazz

Alone Together
Three's A Crowd When It's Intimate Jazz
The Phil Moody Quintet
Somerset SF-10400
1960

This curious cover attracted me to this album. I'm still trying to ascertain the meaning. Why is three a crowd? OK... it's a romantic evening and three's a crowd. But why another girl? And who thinks three is a crowd? Maybe the guy thinks that three is a good idea. Or his date is OK with it and therefore he should be very excited about making room. Not exactly sure what to make of the cover.

Anyway, I normally call Somerset albums "budget"records. But aside from the "budget" cover idea... the music is quite good. The stripped down jazz makes me want to find an old fashion lounge bar, sit back in a comfortable chair in the dimly lit room and sip an adult beverage until I drift in and out of a dream while these guys play.

Of course, if two attractive women want to join me... I'm OK with that.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the music! It's very beatnik jazz in feel. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!